The Ordinary Hero
The cross and resurrection provide the pattern for discipleship today, calling Christians to a radical new way of living.
The Ordinary Hero invites us to :
* live out the radical implications of grace
* apply the way of the cross: sacrificial love and service, to every area of life
* accept the pattern of suffering followed by glory as normal
* pursue spiritual power, not for its own sake, but in order to live the weakness of the cross
* embark on risk-taking lives because we're focussed on the world to come
Says the author, 'This book strikes a note that is rarely heard today. In particular, the important themes of suffering followed by glory, and the hiddenness of the Christian life, are all but absent in contemporary Christian thought.'
The book concludes with a powerful story of an ordinary hero.